Bishop Stanley Choate
Born in York, South Carolina, Bishop Stanley O. Choate has been a pastor since 1969. Bishop Choate is a 1963 graduate of Lowell High School. He also attended Hesser College majoring in Computer Science, but discontinued to enter full time ministry. He is a scholar in both the Old and New Testaments.
Bishop Choate was wed to Reverend Ruth Newman in 1964. In 1987, the mantle was passed on to him and his wife from the late Bishop Estee Newman and his wife Ida. They were named successors and presiding Bishops over the New England Pentecostal Ministries located in Pelham New Hampshire.
His accomplishments include:
- Founder of the Greater Awareness Bible College
- Chair Person of the New England Coalition for Racial Harmony
- Northeastern Christian Fellowship: a gathering of churches coming together for Christian unity, fellowship and support.
- Three churches:
- Healing Springs Ministry in Newbury, New Hampshire
- Emmanuel Temple of Hope in Lowell Massachusetts
- Crosstown Church in Boston, Ma.
- Bishop Choate along with his wife Ruth have collectively written study books for Marriage, Singles and Leadership.
- He is also an accomplished playwright composer and poet
- He has recently completed his first recording entitled “Raise the Praise,” and his first book entitled “Battle For The Mind.”
Pastor Ruth Choate
Pastor Ruth Choate is a daughter of the late Bishop Estee Joseph and Ida Bell Moore Newman, founders of the New England Pentecostal Ministries. She is a native of Nashua, New Hampshire and the youngest of 13 children.
She received salvation at the age of 8 yrs old and made a total commitment to the Lord in July of 1966. In 1964, she married Bishop Stanley O. Choate and in 1969 Pastor Choate was ordained along with her husband at which time they received their first Pastoral appointment over New England Pentecostal Ministries branch in Lowell Massachusetts. They are happily married and are proud parents and grandparents.
Called to the Prophetic Ministry with an emphasis on Teaching, she takes her ministry of restoration, healing and deliverance to the body of Christ seriously, with a profound interest in ministry to the youth.
Being a singer from her youth, Pastor Ruth is an accomplished Playwright, Composer and Music Director. She has taken her ministry of music throughout the Northeastern United States and Jamaica. She is a solo artist and has fulfilled a life-long desire in two recordings entitled; “Straight From my Heart to You” and “Slaughter Room”.
The Lord has also brought healing and enlightenment through the dynamic Marriage, Singles and Leadership seminars she has conducted with her husband.
She and her husband are founders of The Greater Awareness Bible School and Northeastern Christian Fellowship, a gathering of churches coming together for Christian unity, fellowship and support.
Pastor Choate is currently a student of Vision Bible College & University – Ramona, California.